Saturday, October 31, 2015

Announcing the 2016 Hard Core Re-Reading Challenge

A new year is almost upon us and with a new year comes new reading challenges! Once again I would like to invite one and all to participate in the Hard Core Re-Reading Challenge! I've changed the levels up a little bit this year and I hope that whether you are wanting to re-read one book or fifty that you'll consider joining in this challenge!

Rules (And when I say rules please realize I'm one of the most flexible people in existence)

  • First off, this challenge is for EVERYBODY! That means YOU! I want anyone and everyone to join in on the fun!
  • I suggest you make a list of books that you want to re-read for 2015 and post it with your sign up post. You are welcome to add to it as the year goes on and you definitely don't have to read them all. I recommend it be a suggested list and you can just chose books off of it as you go along.
  • The challenge officially runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. ONLY books started AND finished in that time frame will count. 
  • The link where you can post your reviews will be up shortly. That way not only can everyone enjoy other people's review but also that is how I'll keep track of how many books you complete for the drawing at the end (see below). I don't care how short or long your review is. :)
  • For every ten books you re-read your name will be entered in a drawing and if you complete the challenge you signed up for it is entered again. So even if you go overboard and think you can re-read fifty books but only end up re-reading 20, you can still be eligible for prizes! There will be three winners. The first place winner will get their choice of a book or a literary trinket (costing $20 or less) from Amazon. Second place will have the same option only costing $15 or less and third place the same costing $10 or less.
  • All forms of books are allowable including actual book, ebook and audiobook. 
  • If you don't have a blog but still want to participate you can sign up with a comment and use Goodreads for reviews or I suppose even comment on the reviews page with your reviews. I don't want to exclude anyone from joining in the fun. :)
  • You can sign up below with the Linky tool. Registration is open from now right up until the end on December 31, 2016.

Levels

Level 1 0-15 Re-reading itch
Level 2 16-25 Re-reading bug
Level 3 26-35 Re-reading fever
Level 4 36-50 Re-reading paralysis
Level 5 50+ Re-reading coma (if you can do this I highly commend you!)

26 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I've been following your blog for a little while now and this re-reading challenge sounds so fun! I don't have a blog or Goodreads account, but I would still love to participate!

    Angela L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you fro following. :) I welcome all participants. :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm. What an interesting reading challenge! I am seriously considering participating -- which would be a first for me -- but first I need to compile my list of titles. I will let you know when I've made a decision. All the best to you from R.T. at Beyond Eastrod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois, here is the introductory link; my selections and the level of my commitment to the challenge will appear in a future posting.

      Delete
    2. Oops! Here is the omitted link:
      http://beyondeastrodredux.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-2016-hard-core-re-reading-challenge.html
      v/r R.T.

      Delete
    3. Postscript: since I have not followed instructions for the link feed, feel free to revise my link title to R.T. @ Beyond Eastrod

      Delete
  3. Ooops!! In a hurry, I added my link to the wrong gadget. :-/ You can delete it if you like. I'm off to add it to the 12 Month Classics where it should be in the first place. Dear dear, SO sorry about that! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! I plan on doing a bunch of re-reading next year :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few books that I've been meaning to re-read forever, so this is a great challenge to motivate me to do so! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Lois! This challenge looks like a lot of fun, but I was wondering if books I know I'll have to re-read anyways for school count. It's not like I'm necessarily taking the initiative to read them, they're just on my assigned reading list.

    Also, I'm thinking of re-reading Beowulf, but would it be alright if I chose a different translation than the one I originally read? If not, then that's fine. : )

    But I will definitely have to come up with some more ideas than those assigned for school to make level one(which would be my goal), so I'll start thinking about that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's any reason why they shouldn't count. Probably they're not quite as fun but you're still re-reading them. And yes a different translation of Beowulf would count... I'm actually probably going to re-read Beowulf in a different translation myself. :)

      Delete
    2. Okay, thank you!

      Actually, they'll still be fun because they're books like Pride and Prejudice, The Hobbit, and Out of the Silent Planet. Books I'd probably re-read anyways someday, so it works well that they're on my school list. :)

      Delete
    3. Ugh, I don't know why I never have success with Linky tools. Sorry for all the extra links!

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for hosting! I love to re-read my favorite books.

    http://abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2016/01/the-hard-core-re-reading-challenge-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you! I love re-reading my favorites too. :)

      Delete
  8. Hello! I had planned to do some re-reading this year, and then came across this challenge. Looks like a good way to keep in touch with other readers/bloggers, and see what their favourites are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the past 2 years now I have been looking for good and genuine spell caster to bring back my ex lover back and also help me to win lottery,and it has been a hard time for me finding the right place until I get in contact with Dr Oseiboh who gave me powerful prayer and assured me that it will take two days before the spell will be effective,unbelievable the next two days i got a call from unknown number so i decided to pick the call the next thing i could hear was my love voice she was pleading and begging me on the phone that i should forgive her that i should forget all that have happened that she did not know what came over her,she promised not to leave for any reason, that she was really sorry for what she did,i was so surprised because i never believed that this could happen,so that was how i accepted her apology the next morning she came to my house and still pleading for me to forgive her i told her that everything is ok that i have forgiven her from my heart, that was how we started again, we are together now. thank you Dr Oseiboh for making her to know that we are meet to be together and also making my dreams to come true. And he did a spell that make me to win the lottery, Please if any body needs. LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL,ANY FOUNDATION COURSES,REVENGE SPELL,STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL AND MANY MORE YOU MAY NEED. Email him now for your own help. via email droseiboh12@gmail.com add him on whatsapp line or call +2347017565415.All thanks goes to Dr oseiboh for the excessive work that he has done for me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spell to fix your broken marriage or relationship problem or after a divorce or Breakup,I was recently scam by two of them, until one faithful day i meet a man called Dr Oselumen who help me to get back to the father of my kid after we have been separated for two years,I only pay for the items required for the spell and he cast the spell for me within 24hours my ex husband called me and beg me to forgive him for everything until the end of the world he will never leave me again we are back together.if you need a real and quick love spell or you are passing through pregnancy problem Dr Oselumen is the answer, Please if any body needs. LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL,STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL AND MANY MORE YOU MAY NEED. Email him now for your own help. via email droselumen@gmail.com add him on whatsapp line or call +2348054265852.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...