Monday, October 26, 2015

It's Monday! Trying to keep up with work and life

For the last few weeks I've really felt the strain of work and trying up to keep up with home duties and a semi-social life. It's not working so well. I was able to make a flying trip up to Minnesota last weekend though for my grandma's birthday. It was great to see family... Especially when there's babies to cuddle! :) I was able to listen audiobooks a lot on the road trip which was nice. Overall my reading has been pretty good and I've surprisingly been keeping up pretty well. I've also really enjoyed getting to see the long anticipated trailer for the upcoming Star Wars movie! Who else is dxchyed about it?!?! :)
Also this weekend I went to a book sale and got four bags of books! I'll hopefully get a Stackhng the Shelves post up about all the books I got soon. :)

Currently reading 

  • The Young Carthaginian by G.A. Henty (re-read) (audiobook) 
  • Mysterious Island by Jules Verne 

Finished in the last two weeks 

  • The Sound and the Furt by William Faulkner 
  • For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway 
  • No Name by Wilkie Collins (audiobook) 
  • Mary Emma and Company by Ralph Moody (re-read)

Coming Soon

  • The Fields of Home by Ralph Moody (re-read)
  • Peer Gynt by Henrik Ibsen
  • Death of a Red Heroine by Qui Xiaolong
  • Irish Folk and Fairy tales by William Butler Yeats

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very enjoyable family time up in Minnesota, babies to cuddle - icing on the cake! Love book sales, aren't they such fun! Yikes, four bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audiobooks are great for road trips. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four bags of books! Wow!
    Life, books, and school for me are so crazy juggling. That was nice you were able to listen to audiobooks. I have heard a couple, but I've found that it really depends on the reader whether you will have a fun time listening to the story or not. In the past, I have stopped listening to audiobooks just because I could not stand the reader's voice (this usually happens when you can tell they are a smoker).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely depends on the narrator. Thankfully I've always had good narrators.
      And the smoking comment made me laugh out loud.

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...