Monday, February 26, 2018

It's Monday! Of Checklists and a Tolkien Party

As my due date approaches I've been making checklists and trying to actually complete them. I did get the Christmas tree down finally last week. I've been buying more books at used book sales and Goodwill so adding to my workload. I'm just clever that way. I have a pretty good stash of freezer meals already though!
We had our first baby shower recently, that some dear friends put on for us and specifically made Tolkien themed. It was AMAZING!!! We had hobbit themed snacks and decorations. There was even a "No admittance except on party business" sign on their door! It was a Tolkien nerd's dream! And while not everyone gave us Tolkien themed gifts several did and we came away with some Tolkien art, a little hobbit dress and a quilted wall hanging of Bag End! Here are a few pictures of the marvelous event!




I'm afraid no other baby shower will ever match up! It was a dream come true!

Anyways on to reading! I've finished up a couple books recently and I'm working on some more. I'm feeling behind already but I'm trying not to let it stress me out and just enjoy the reading I do get done.

Finished Recently

  • Total Truth by Nancy Pearcey
  • Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon 
  • The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by LaLeche League
  • A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (re-read)

Currently Reading

  • The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot (audiobook)
  • War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (eBook)
  • The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens 
  • The Mortification of Sin by John Owen (eBook)
  • God Is by Mark Jones

Coming Soon


  • Nothing planned right now. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love that Hobbit dress!! That is too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Hobbit themed items look great! So jealous of the festivities. :)
    -Amaris

    ReplyDelete
  3. That . . . that is just SO adorable. The Hobbit dress. I might have to steal that idea and do an elven baby dress (depends on whether we are getting a niece or a "nevvy" as Jo March says it). I love all of this, how special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Tolkien themed gifts, cake, and hobbit dress! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack, it sounds like such an awesome baby shower!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...