Friday, March 2, 2018

Classics Club Spin- March 2018

Time for another Classics Club spin! The last one got me to read Adam Bede by George Elliot, which I'm sure I would have drug out getting around to reading for the longest time if it hadn't been selected so I'm hoping this spin does the same. Check out THIS POST over at the Classics Club bog to see the rules and of course if you aren't a member of the Classics Club yet what are you even doing?!?!?!?! I have to read the book spun by April 30th which is well after my due date so I'm hoping to get it done before our little Hobbit is born.
So here's my list of books for the spin!
  1. Mary Poppins in Cherry Tree Lane by P.L. Travers
  2. The 39 Steps by John Buchan 
  3. The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope 
  4. Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson 
  5. Go Tell it on the Mountain by James Baldwin
  6. Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
  7. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevesky 
  8. The White Company by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  9. Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
  10. Cyarno de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand
  11. Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev
  12. Beau Geste by P.C. Wren
  13. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
  14. Kim by Rudyard Kipling 
  15. Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson 
  16. The Red and the Black by Stendhal 
  17. The Epic of Gilgamesh 
  18. Richard III by William Shakespeare 
  19. Don Quixote by Miguel Cervantes 
  20. Arsenic and Old Lace by Joseph Kesselring
Can't wait to see what number gets spun on March 9th! 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got some BIG chuncksters on your list , although the only one I've read is East of eden - my all time fav Steinbeck.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you read Adam Bede. I haven't known of another blogger I follow reading that (most haven't read any of George Eliot's works), did you write about it? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Even though its hard to like the subject matter or many of the characters, I found it absorbing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I really enjoyed The Way We Live Now, and The 39 Steps is nice and short, so you'd be able to fit it in easily. But Lark Rise to Candleford would be a lovely heart-warming relaxing read. Whatever you get I hope you enjoy it, and good luck with the impending new arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you Don Quijote, we have Fathers and Sons in common. And last, I'm holding a book club in July for East of Eden. Good luck, (and I'm coming back also for ideas on titles that have aroused my curiosity.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a John Buchan fan, I'd have to go for The 39 Steps (I have his Greenmantle on my list) but I'd also be happy with Kim which I read as part of my Open University course and was actually pleasantly surprised at. Hope you enjoy whatever is selected.

    Here's my list: https://whatcathyreadnext.wordpress.com/2018/03/03/the-classics-club-spin-17/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a lot of good books on your list! I didn't do the spin this time, because I somehow amazingly only have three books left on my Classics Club list. Now I just have to finish them before my little one arrives in June. It's amazing how much motivation a baby gives, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...